Last weekend over the 4th of July we went camping at Silver Falls. A minimal drive, being mere steps away from beautiful forests and hiking, and a wooded and cozy campground, these are the reasons Silver Falls agrees with us. The fact that it was the 4th of July but no fireworks were present didn't matter much as we haven't really done that whole thing yet. Next year a big firework display is definitely in the cards!

Jooge dissected an owl pellet after a presentation from Ranger Dorothy about owls.

I worked hard at capturing some sweet shots of wildflowers. Yeah, I know, dew and everything!


My husband built several kick ass fires. I do believe he was wearing this outfit when he built one of them.
It rained Saturday morning. It didn't last but it made for a wet pancake breakfast.


We did three hikes total, the last one being the 3.2 mile hike around the Trail of Ten Falls. So beautiful! Even with a three year old on your shoulders! Seriously, when was the last time you stepped into such a gorgeous forest? I am getting high on nature just looking at this picture. (Hi, mom!)


Our tent will be our bedroom again for a week in August when we trek to beautiful Moran State Park on Orcas Island.

An aside: I've decided that "Smah's," as Avery calls them, are better with double the marshmallow. This was the first time I roasted marshmallows and didn't set them on fire.

Comments