Mother's Day, The Recap

My Mother's Day actually began on Thursday at Jooge's school where I attended their Spring Tea. I got all welled up as I stood at the door and her teacher announced, "Julia's guests are here," and she came and got us and we were escorted to our table. The kids provided darling entertainment: amazing renditions of "I'm a little Teapot," "Skinamarinkadinkadink" and the play: Three Billy Goat's Gruff. They made really tasty lemonade that we drank and we ate gluten free cookies. She also gave me this lovely little pot painted by her. I loved the whole dang thing.

My husband gave me a beautiful bouquet of 2 dozen roses on Saturday in appreciation of me as mother. They are so pretty. Thanks, hon!

On Mother's Day, I called my mom to wish her a happy day. I'd already sent her a pretty funny Hoops and Yo Yo e-card and a pair of those mary-jane Crocs which should be soothing to her poor bunions. I would have really loved to spend the day with her but I get to see her next weekend, so that's good.

I had a pretty typical morning, you know, lovely details like dumping Avery's terd from her diaper to the toilet, splashing pee/poop water in my face/mouth and then while I was talking to my mom Julia spit on the window and drew a design with her spit and then said, "Mom, I made you this for Mother's Day!" My husband had a long run so while he did that the kids and I had an outing to Goodwill where I scored the cutest vintage crib quilt for Avery and a neat game for Jooge. As we were walking in the door to Goodwill some stranger in a big pick-up shouted, "Happy Mother's Day" to me. It was so rich. I loved it. After that we went to Donut Day and they shared a chocolate donut with sprinkles, which Julia proudly ordered at the counter all by herself, and I indulged in my FAVORITE, a coconut cream one. Picture a bismark but with a thin layer of vanilla frosting and coconut sprinkled on top. No trans fats either. AW YEAH. We stopped by the grocery store to get a few things and I couldn't believe the store that was usually humming on Sunday was SO DEAD! Blissfully dead.
An intersting phenomenon, really.

Once my husband got home I was able to get out alone and I spent about three hours shopping/browsing/trying on clothes and ended up buying the coziest robe at Nordstrom Rack. When I got home everyone was outside having fun so I joined them and played catch (so fun!)with the husband in the cul-de-sac while the kids ran and played. We had thai for dinner and I watched the Survivor finale.
It was a wonderful day.


Popular Posts