Friday, April 25, 2008

Fabulous Finds Friday


The thrifter in me has been pleasantly pleased in the last month or two with the scores I've made at Goodwilly's. In this photo you see I found a pair of brand new navy saltwater sandals in Julia's size for the summer. There is a fancy little retro dress for Averita. I scored a hefty Plantoys car. I found a cool retro game with these funky bird pieces/nests that just beg to be reinvented into something. I found two bigger frames. I also found a copy of Alice and Wonderland that I'd considered buying new on Amazon for a mere 2.99 in ship shape. Illustrated by Lizbeth Zwerger, I might add. There is a doll carrier for the kids to play with. I found a bag of sewing notions, too. (Lots of old wooden spools of thread and a few packages of bias tape). There was also a package of knitting needles/accessories. All in all such a worthwhile trip. Maybe walked out of there about $30 lighter.
Another trip yielded a bag with all these patterns in it for 2.99. I was looking for the Vogue Amy's Book one at some point and was THRILLED to see it tucked in with a few rich apron patterns and this totally cute 80's kid's backpack pattern. SCORE.

No comments: