This week's book recommendation is for the parents. I am reading Siblings Without Rivalry by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish. I have been really needing a consistent approach to the girls and their conflicts, and this book has filled my toolbox with tools so that when the time is right, I am armed with ammunition. When I first started reading it I feel like I was using it every second. I drag my heels about reading a parenting book but once I do it, it always makes me a better mom. These women also co-wrote How to Talk so Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk, a GENIUS book in terms of teaching really effective communication skills for parents.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Tia, thank you for mentioning this book. I'm a big fan of the "How to Talk" book but didn't realize they had this sibling one. I will check it out asap--we need it around here!

Sally