Trick Or Treating 2008 Highlights:


The ever-sensitive Princess Julia broke into tears when we left our neighbor Jenny's house. "She hurt my feelings," she sobbed. Jenny had loaded her up with handful upon handful of candy only to keep saying, "Too small," about her basket. A few deep breaths and we were on our way.

Avery, as Heidi, made her trick-or-treating debut this year, shy about saying "Trick or Treat" and eager to be done because she really wanted to get home to sample some of her candy.

Apparently a 9 foot tall Grim Reaper on stilts was somewhere in our neighborhood but we didn't see him. Phew. Even I would have had bad dreams about that one.

I was able to extract all the peanuty candies from their stash, or so I thought, until Jooge took a small bite of an eyeball, only to realize it was peanut butter filled. No major effects other than a little rash on her chin. I gave her a Benadryl.

I gave them five peices of candy the next day and Jooge at one point said, "I think five peices is too much candy." Two forgotten rolls of Smarties were spotted nearby. Okay, next time, we'll have less, sure, if that's what you want.

I can appreciate them where they're at, a little tentative, a little sensitive. There's plenty of time for pillow cases full of candy, longer treks around the neighborhood, and bolder declarations of "Trick or Treat!"

Comments