It's been awhile. I've had several people ask me lately where the blog posts are.
Good question. They are somewhere in this brain of mine underneath a lot of other mundane and ordinary matters that, in no particular order are what I've been up to.
1. I put 14 things on Craig's List and have sold nine. Most of it was baby stuff.
2. I joined the local rec center and have been swimming and jogging each morning Avery's at preschool. It feels great.
3. We went to a second Yurt at Beverly Beach. Great time. That's where the pic above was taken. Both Yurt trips deserve a post so stay tuned for details.
4. January has been the month of the playdate. Each kid has had four so far and all have been great. I love the friend-making stuff.
5. We celebrated our seventh year of marriage in early January. CRAZY!
6. There was a birthday celebrated last weekend, a SIGNIFICANT milestone of a birthday, for a certain spouse, that's all I'll say.
7. We have been busily planning our summer. It seems crazy but when you camp like we do, those reservations need to be made as soon as they can. This year Wallowa Lake and Jed Smith are going on the books.
8. We finally watched Benjamin Button. Wasn't he endearing in his short little old man stature and kid-like mannerisms? There were a few quotes I wrote down from that movie, one that his daughter was reading off a postcard he wrote her:
"For what it's worth: it's never too late, or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."
Another great sentiment is, "You never know what's comin' for ya." You never do! I love that about life.
9. I Tivo Ellen every day to see if I can catch my brother Andy making an appearance and yesterday Matt Morris performed. His song Money is amazing. What I love is the smile he wears when he sings and when he listens to the applause he receives, as though he is both humbled and inspired all at once. I also love finding new music to get excited about.
10. Avery had another birthday party this week at the Lego store. So fun! I enjoyed sitting and building cars with her and her schoolmates. With other birthday parties happening here and there Avery is especially awaiting her birthday party this year and she told me in the car the other day, "My birthday is in four pages..." I loved that.
11. I subscribed to Sunset magazine this year. I think it's going to be a good one to get.
12. Julia started Gymnastics and is such a natural out there, her little athletic body bouncing and running. I love it. She was totally ready for that. Avery starts her ballet/movement class next week and I'm looking forward to her enjoying that.
I've got to go cook dinner now. I'm doing something with Halibut.
I'll make you a deal, if you come back, I will, too!