The skies were dark and foreboding yesterday. Then, out of nowhere a rainbow appeared, punctuating the sky with color.

I did my usual "marveling at nature" sounds and Julia said, "What's the big deal about a rainbow?" (A somewhat surprising thing for her to say given that she too loves nature).

We were headed into Joanne's and a rowdy teenager was coming out with a friend. He caught the girl's attention because he was being overly loud and silly about the rainbow, shouting, "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh, look at that rainbow! Wow! That is really an amazing rainbow." The girls really thought he was more amazing than the rainbow.

When we came out of the store the girls imitated him, silly, hooping and hollaring about the rainbow.

Still, it was the most impressive rainbow I'd seen in awhile.

Picture courtesy of Denise (I did not take a picture).

Comments