We've Been Busy Painting!

Ever since we've been home from sabbatical, we've been in house mode. There is a small mountain of paint testers out in our garage, mostly greens and greys that went south as soon as the brush swept them across the wall.

For some reason as much as I really wanted to do green in the main part of the house, it hasn't worked out. Instead there seem to be an awful lot of blues and browns and we're loving them. The greens? Two we put up with gusto and then covered right back up again....

The first green, "Killala Green" (appropriately named because looking at it killed your love of green) went up in Julia's bedroom and looked like this. It was like being choked and slapped with green. Not good.
Then we did a second green in her room, Lucerne by Miller, similar to this which we've kept up. In the daylight it's really right, but at night, the green can be a little much. She loves it, we're keeping it. We may tone it down with a white wall somewhere.

We did another green in the kitchen, Behr's Geranium Leaf, and I really loved the small section of it that I put up initially (see top pic). Unfortunately once we painted the whole kitchen, it looked so bad, I rushed out and quickly picked a darker blue color (Martha Stewart's Kerry Blue Terrier) and slapped it on the walls, loving it.
The first room we ever painted was done in a Martha color in our guest room/office, Molassas. We loved it.
Benjamin Moore's Berkshire Beige dons the walls of our living and dining room, which look into our hallways and bannister, done in Labrador Blue.
Avery's room is Behr's First Waltz. It is the loveliest softest pink and I just love it. I don't think I could have found it on a paint chip because on the paint chip it looks very mauve and I never would have been drawn to mauve. We saw it in a house we looked at and I went back and asked the lady about the color because I thought it was so right for a pink.
The playroom is another Behr shade: Garden Spot, my favorite of the greens. I like it but again we have found that a little green goes a long way and may have to tone it down with some white walls.

Our plan is to do Berkshire Beige again in the family room on the mantle wall, some grey in the downstairs bathroom, and hopefully agean blue for our bedroom, eventually.

Oh the adventure that is painting!

Comments