Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Birth of Filbert and Fern

My friend Ellie is a seamstress, and she creates and crafts adorable clothing for girls. Her shop, Lucy Goosey is featured at many local markets and this summer she asked me if I could make some collages to adorn her shop that would also be for sale. My answer? Uh, YEAH!

What Ellie presented me with was an amazing opportunity which both lit a fire beneath me and resulted in me dedicating some of my free time to doing something I LOVE. When I've spent time working really hard on a collage, I find myself thinking about it, eager to get back to it in a way I never expected. Right now during this precious period of time when I haven't been able to find a teaching job, I am able to use some of my free time (the task-mastering of motherhood simultaneously accomplished), to take a risk creatively and put my creations out there. I've stocked up on fun papers, on old children's books for their illustrations, on wooden surfaces, on mod podge. The possibilities abound!

I have been VERY BUSY.........
(This collage I actually made for Ellie in exchange for the dress she made for Avery below).






Hopefully, some of my collages will hang in Ellie's booth one day. I thank her for getting me going on all this. In the meantime, you can also find them in my Etsy shop Filbert and Fernhere.
Dress by Lucy Goosey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fab collages, Cornelia!!! Rock that creative spark!
xoxo, cher