Project 333

Lately I've been overwhelmed by stuff.

Whether it's toys, clothes or kitchen utensils, it all feels like too much. As our main STUFF GATHERER, I am quite in touch with how much STUFF enters this house on a regular basis. As our STUFF MANAGER I am also quite in touch with the task of maintaining, cleaning, and organizing the stuff. I find myself craving SIMPLICITY. I want to surround myself with the things that we truly use and eliminate the excess.

I want to be more like a pioneer. Clothing then was more function than fashion. You didn't have the luxury of not wearing something because you didn't like it or were tired of it or it had gone out of style. You certainly didn't shop for more unless it was a true necessity. I want to be content with what I have because what I have is enough, and I am lucky to have it.

My friend Maria was telling me about Project 333 and I love the idea of trying it. It comes at a perfect time and seems like a good place to start. I'll still have WAY more stuff than my favorite t.v. pioneer up there, but it seems like a good exercise in paring down and keeping things pared down. It seems like it's a step in the right direction towards making simplicity a deliberate habit. Will let you know how it goes.

Comments