Delicious



This summer has been really really something, and it's not even over yet.

Most recently of note, I turned forty. A new decade awaits. It's very exciting. I feel undaunted and am excited to make some goals for my older self.

Where we live, the Air Show hits every summer and loud jets fly fast overhead, in a display that can be both thrilling and kind of scary. The air show loomed large over a weekend that was the best kind of warm and completely free so we took an impromptu trip up to the cabin and had the BEST TIME.

I got to get away with one of my oldest and truest friends for a weekend. We went to a bit of an unlikely destination: quiet small town Silverton.

We went to the Washington county fair. Next year we really want to PUT UP something and enter it.

Avery learned to ride her bike.

We made freezer jam.

I applied for several teaching jobs, and still don't know what the fall holds. There's a part of me that doesn't want to work, but I'm in lazy summer mode and don't even want to unload my dishwasher.

We've been reading some good stuff. Thornbirds.(Me) The Penderwicks, (Me to girls), The Penderwicks on Gardam Street, (Me to girls and even better than the first), Thimble Summer, (Me to girls) Ivy and Bean,(Avery) Harry Potter Five.(Julia)

I got a copy of season one of Downton Abbey. The funny thing is, when I was watching it, I kept getting interrupted by my talkative seven year old and everything in that show happens in little snippets of conversation so if you miss a conversation, you miss something crucial to the plot. I

went back and read the episode synopsis just to make sure I got it all and I did. I enjoy the way Elizabeth McGovern simpers.

The weather has been AMAZING!

Julia did a fencing camp and then a ceramics camp. I bet you can guess which camp she loved and which camp she hated. She has all sorts of treasures to show for the one she loved.

I got a new computer, which allows me to blog out in the front yard.

We still haven't bought a dog, but we still haven't settled on a breed yet either. I want a springer spaniel I can name Sylvie, and I just don't think it's going to happen.


Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.