The Best Things I've Eaten in Portland, Oregon


At the risk of sounding like a complete HOG (glutton...food whore....lush) the way that my husband and I live it up (splurge...be extravagant....celebrate) is to get out for the occasional meal in the city, much to the delight of our taste buds. I am now going to write a post about the best things I've put into my gullet that PTown, town of food, has to offer.  In my humble opinion, you can't go wrong if you try ANY of this.......
The Woodsman Tavern's double cheeseburger
 The Woodsman Tavern's take on a double cheeseburger. It's a two-napkin affair. 

Tasty and Alder's Saigon Brussel Sprouts. Wow. I could make a meal of them alone and die happy.

Jakes Famous Crawfish makes a cocktail called a Basil Grape Refresher that is super satisfying. 

Broder used to make a meatball sandwich on a brioche bun. DANG. I don't see it on the menu anymore but it was tasty. My daughter had it and I kept asking for bites.


Khao Man Gai's chicken and rice. Enough said. You have to do it.

Por Que No? and their chips and guacamole? A pleasing meal in and of itself. The chips are thick and homemade. Kinda like pita chips but not pita chips. As Nacho Libre would say, they are like the "Lord's CHEEPS."

Mad Sons Good N' Plenty is one of the best cocktails I've had. 

Whenever POK POK features a whole fish on its' menu, get it. It will be served with herbs and this amazing clear herby sauce and more herbs and you eat it in lettuce and herbs and your mouth is so happy with all the flavors. Be sure to also chase it down with some SOM, or drinking vinegar, which I LOVE. Go to POK POK on a Sunday at three. You won't wait long. 

The butter lettuce salad at St. Jack. So good.

The roast chicken and schmaltz potatoes at Olympic Provision

Clyde Common's Gin Mary

Country Ham with Biscuits and pepper jelly at Irving Street Kitchen
Andina's scrumptious Empanadas and mojitos. 

Cup and Saucer's vanilla butter scones are delectable and delicious and require a close-up:
Whiffies makes an amazing mounds pie. 

Blue Star's blueberry basil and passionfruit/cocoa nub donuts are TO. Die. For. 
Two Tart's Cappucino Creams are delectable coffee and cinnamon flavored sandwich cookies that blow any other sandwich cookie out of the water. 
I've mentioned Oui Presse and their tasty cafe creme. Very good coffee beverage, me thinks.
Palace Cakes vanilla bucky is the cupcake of my dreams. They get it right in each category: flavor, texture, and overall yum factor.

Sweet Pea Bakery's chick o' stick cake is my favorite. It's like a butterfinger flavored cake, a little bit of peanut butter, a little bit of toffee, a whole lot of good. I do not see it on their menu anymore so maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it but it is definitely worthy of being on this list. 

Loretta Jean's makes two very tasty pies: chocolate chess and black raspberry streusel. You can swing by there after eating at POK POK for a slice of each. You're welcome.


Lastly, I want you to go to Pie Spot and I want you to get a chocolate peanut butter pie hole and I want you to savor it because it is really a tiny little treat worth savoring. Then I want some sort of kick back for introducing you to your new favorite treat. 

YUM FACTOR 2000.

Comments