Thursday, May 21, 2015

Out and About

Angry Chicken wrote awhile back about Maplewood Coffee and Tea and her post motivated me to investigate, as all the best blog posts do. I'm so glad I did because it is ever-so-charming and sweet, nestled in the Maplewood neighborhood and featuring really great coffee and yummy treats. 
                                      
Avery and I attended a craft night there on a lazy Friday night and made treats for birds out of old bread cut with cookie cutters and pressed into bird seed. Sitting and working on a project together while nibbling goodies was so fun! The spot we claimed opened up into the outdoors.....


I have been back a few times, with friends for coffee, with my girls for an after school treat, and I recently brought my mom, who was visiting from out of town.  I loved showing her this place because it delighted her as much as me. I loved sitting with her enjoying an iced coffee and one of my favorites: a cappuccino creme made by Two Tarts
I would highly recommend stopping by.  If you have little people, there's also a playroom in the back, just about the CUTEST playroom ever. 

We've been back fairly often considering it's NOT in our neighborhood but oh how I wish it was, allowing me to walk there and linger on a warm evening under lush maples.....
                                        

No comments: