Sing it!

I didn't grow up singing in a school choir, but as an adult I've wanted to join one for awhile now. I'm not a church-goer, so that's out. It's a pandemic, so there's that. I recently got a gold bluetooth "karaoke" microphone, and the joy it's given me is crazy. I play the tunes, pull up the lyrics, turn on my mike, and lose an hour just singing along with the original singer. It nurtures me. It takes me into the flow and out of my head. Singing has proven to be very therapeutic these days. 

Songs I love to sing along with include:
Here You Come Again, Dolly Parton

Magic, Suddenly (from Xanadu) Olivia Newton John

Stay (I missed you) Lisa Loeb

Sour Flower, Lost and Found Lianne La Havas

Ten Cent Wings Jonatha Brooke

Morning Train, Sheena Easton

Try, Colbie Caillat

So Much Mine, The Story

Don't Know Why, Norah Jones

Gravity, Sara Bareilles

Any Amy Grant songs from the 80's

Ocean Eyes, Alicia Keys cover

Muskrat Love, Captain and Tennille

Power of Two, Indigo Girls

Like the Weather, 10,000 Maniacs

Get Me, Everything But the Girl

I Say a Little Prayer, Aretha Franklin



Comments