Sisters at an Apple Farm





Last fall our Right Brain liaison came out from Portland and was excited to stop by Oregon Heritage Farms, super close to our school, on her way home for their famous  cider slushies. I worked less than a mile away and I'd never gone. Soon I was pulling in on my way home to see what the fuss was about.

In the same way a teacher friend and I took turns driving and bringing one another lattes on Friday mornings, it became a new tradition to stop at the apple farm to pick up cider slushies on the way home. Next, I brought the girls and we came home with apples and pumpkin bread. Before you know it we were trying the Carmel apples, the BEST I've eaten. 

I'm teaching online and miss the drives out into the scenic area where my school is nestled. As summer closed, amidst pandemic limits, we hit the apple farm as a family, getting all the goods. I snapped this shot of two smiling sisters near the orchard. We stopped at a roadside flower stand that now takes Venmo for a gorgeous bouquet crowded with dhalias. 
Fast forward to today, the apple farm's season is officially over. When we go next fall, who knows what life will be like. Will my senior will be a freshman ON a college campus? Will I will be teaching again, in person? One thing's for sure: there will always be apples. Guaranteed they'll grow on, past pandemics and into new presidencies. 

Comments